When: Saturdays starting Sept 18th-Nov 27th at 2:45 pm to 3:45 p.m CST
Maximum Class Size: 10 students (for all ages)
$360 for 11 classes
Structure of the session:
· The tabla class will be for beginners who are interested in learning the tabla instrument.
· Students will be first taught theory and history of the tabla drum alongside basic bols and hand strokes.
· Creating a strong foundation on Sur, Taal, and Lay will be heavily emphasized.
· As the students gradually learn and improve, the class will move ahead to more advanced structures and material.
· Students will be taught the popular rhythmic cycles that are present in Hindustani classical music, as well as popular Indian folk Rhythms.
· The class will also have an emphasis on tabla accompaniment for Mostly Kirtan, bhajan classical and light classical music.
Requirements to Join the class:
· Must have your own pair of tablas
· Must take aside a minimum of 3 days a week, one hour a day to practice. If you can do more, that’s even better.