When: Saturdays starting 5/15/21 to 7/31/21 at 1:30 pm to 2:30 p.m CST
Maximum Class Size: 10 students
$360 for 12 classes
Structure of the session:
· The tabla class will be for beginners who are interested in learning the tabla instrument.
· Students will be first taught theory and history of the tabla drum alongside basic bols and hand strokes.
· Creating a strong foundation on Sur, Taal, and Lay will be heavily emphasized.
· As the students gradually learn and improve, the class will move ahead to more advanced structures and material.
· Students will be taught the popular rhythmic cycles that are present in Hindustani classical music, as well as popular Indian folk Rhythms.
· The class will also have an emphasis on tabla accompaniment for Mostly Kirtan, bhajan classical and light classical music.
Requirements to Join the class:
· Must have your own pair of tablas
· Must take aside a minimum of 3 days a week, one hour a day to practice. If you can do more, that’s even better.