Maximum Class Size: 10 students (for all ages)
Saturdays Aug 27th- Nov 26th from 12:45 PM TO 1:45 PM CST
Structure of the session:
· The tabla class will be for advanced students who have already taken the beginners class and are interested in learning advanced skills
· Students will be first taught theory and history of the tabla drum alongside basic bols and hand strokes.
· Creating a strong foundation on Sur, Taal, and Lay will be heavily emphasized.
· As the students gradually learn and improve, the class will move ahead to more advanced structures and material.
· Students will be taught the popular rhythmic cycles that are present in Hindustani classical music, as well as popular Indian folk Rhythms.
· The class will also have an emphasis on tabla accompaniment for Mostly Kirtan, bhajan classical and light classical music.
Requirements to Join the class:
· Must have your own pair of tablas
· Must take aside a minimum of 3 days a week, one hour a day to practice. If you can do more, that’s even better.